WhatsApp is an indispensable tool for communicating with friends and family. However, some conversations may contain personal and private information that shouldn't be seen by anyone else.
You probably already know that WhatsApp chats are end-to-end encrypted. This means that conversations can only be viewed by you and the person you are chatting with. However, this security feature is useless if you have friends peeking in and unbeknownst to you looking at your phone. This is because your phone is physically accessible to anyone and if you don't have an active screen lock, everything written on WhatsApp is legible.
However, you don't have to worry about this problem. In this guide, we will show you 4 ways to hide your WhatsApp conversations. Many use the “Archive Chat” method to hide a chat, but if someone wants to spy on your messages the first thing they do is go to that folder (archived chats) to take a look. Below we will see methods to hide WhatsAPp conversations without archiving.
- How To Hide WhatsApp Chat Without Archiving
- 1. Con password tramite app Locker for Whats Chat.
- 2. Hide WhatsApp chats with GBWhatsApp.
- To access hidden chats again:
- 3. Block WhatsApp via Messenger and Chat Block app
- 4. Hide WhatsApp chats with the privacy screen app
How To Hide WhatsApp Chat Without Archiving
Here we show you 4 different ways to protect your private conversations, if you do everything as we explain in the guides you will be able to protect all the conversations you want.
1. Con password tramite app Locker for Whats Chat.
Locker for Whats Chat is an app that helps you protect selected chats with a password (very similar to what is seen on PC if you want to password protect files and folders). Here are the steps to follow to "block" WhatsApp personal chats.
- Install the application from the Google Play Store and open it.
- Create a password to block chats.
- Add a recovery email address so you can recover your password if you ever forget it.
- Grant access.
- Click on the “+” icon and select the chats you want to password protect.
Scarica app Locker For Whats Chat
The selected chats will be password protected. When you click on one of these chats in WhatsApp, you will first need to enter the password to access the chat screen and be able to read the content.
2. Hide WhatsApp chats with GBWhatsApp.
GBWhatsApp is a "modified" and unofficial version of WhatsApp. It offers advanced features compared to the original WhatsApp. One of the coolest features is the ability to hide chats in the application. These are the steps to keep your chats on GBWhatsApp private.
- Install GBWhatsApp on your Android phone and log in with your WhatsApp account. (The login process is the same as the original WhatsApp).
- Long press on the chat you want to hide. Once selected, click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select the option "Hide".
- You will be asked to set a "sign". Once set up, the chat will be immediately hidden from the rest of the chat list.
Please note: If the chat is hidden, it won't even appear in the search results!
To access hidden chats again:
- Go to the main chat screen and tap the “WhatsApp” text in the upper left corner.
- Draw the mark you established earlier. You will now be able to see the list of all hidden chats.
- Select the chats you want to make visible again. Press the “Make chat visible” option in the top right corner.
3. Block WhatsApp via Messenger and Chat Block app
There are many applications in the Play Store that can protect different messaging apps (like WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram, etc.) with an extra layer of security. "Messenger & Chat BlockIs one of the best security applications to block WhatsApp with pin code.
This app can also secretly photograph the intruder trying to enter the wrong PIN code. If you use WhatsApp, you can also set a time to block it automatically or block it quickly with a simple movement of the phone. Here's how to use it.
- Download the application from this Play Store page and install it.
- Once the app is open, set the pin code which will be used to unblock WhatsApp.
- You will now see a screen with a list of applications that you can block. Set the button to "On”For WhatsApp.
- At the top of the application list, you can choose between “Block automatically” and “Immediately”, “Shake to block” or set a time.
4. Hide WhatsApp chats with the privacy screen app
Privacy Screen app is another great privacy app on WhatsApp. When we text at work or in public places, we are exposed to many prying eyes that constantly stare at our phone screen.
This application is designed for protect your privacy from those people by putting a privacy screen on the screen. You can choose the area where you want to get protection. That's it, now your private conversations are protected.
These described are the 4 different ways to hide WhatsApp conversations on Android, without archiving. Now you no longer have to worry if someone spies on your private messages. I hope you enjoyed this article. Feel free to share your thoughts on this in the comments below. If you have an iOS device read our guide on how to hide Whatsapp conversations on iPhone[Android] Hide WhatsApp Chat Without Archiving -